Yes ladies, your girl does have a full 9-5 job and so I do have to dress up and go to the office everyday. Luckily, the office I work in isn’t too strict when it comes to the dress code (thank goodness). I can wear pretty much whichever colour I want (maybe not neon or extremely loud prints) and I can also wear jeans on Thursdays/Fridays (maybe not ripped jeans) but you get my drift.
That being said, I just wanted to show you one outfit from the work week, maybe to inspire you :) Obviously, depending on the dress code at your office, you can either tuck the shirt in and wear some closed heels or put a blazer ontop of the outfit. You can also roll down your sleeves :) Lots of options!
I also like to wear heels to work so you can switch that up and go for flats instead - whatever floats your boat missy!
If you do have a 9-5 (or whatever your hours have) you will notice that you spend most of your time at work so why not show up and show out? Let us look good because it definitely makes you feel good.
So my outfit details
Shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren
Pants - Mr Price (yes, the one in Accra Mall). For those of you outsidde Ghana I have seen similar pants on forever21.com and nastygal.com
Shoes - Guess (Again, you can find similar ankle strap heels on asos.com & nastygal.com)
Oh! For those of you who need to get stuff from the US or UK there is this chicka who does personal shopping for people - instagram @thelegacyofgrace
On my face
-E.L.F. Tinted Moisturizer
-E.L.F. Finishing Powder
-L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick - Cristal Cuppuchino
-Sleek Voluminizing Mascara
Hair is curled with HUGE bendy rollers (I have some in stock - 0268934066) and the hair I am rocking is Chocolate Indian Remy Colour 4 - 14” & 12” (also have the clip in version in stock)
Spicing the outfit up with my rich woman bangles which are actually for my darling mother so I have no clue where they are from.
To all the hard workers out there - ayekooo!
I actually have a full post on different looks for the office here
of course, makeup looks for the office can be found on my youtube - youtube.com/thingsilovesharms
Hey! Is your hair natural or relaxed? Either way, you should focus on retaining length as opposed to measuring your growth. Check out these blog posts below which should help you with the maintenance of your hair
1. Drying your hair with o heat (relaxed hair) http://makeupbysharms.com/post/86295132180/noheat
2. Maintaining relaxed hair http://makeupbysharms.com/post/77374749218/maintainingrelaxedhair#sthash.dpACzxTs.dpuf
3. Potecting your edges http://makeupbysharms.com/post/69479187592/edges
4.General hair care http://makeupbysharms.com/post/31073590083/haircare#sthash.Fg9ykuK5.dpuf
4. Natural hair products http://makeupbysharms.com/post/65612238425/natural-hair-care-products-i-use
Hope these help!
I know some of us have kept some makeup products especially lipsticks and foundations for over 5 years. I beg, let us stop before we start growing some fungus on our faces! We have discussed body and oral hygiene and now it is time to move onto the face! You need to keep your makeup brushes/tools as clean as possible because they touch a very sensitive part of your body very often - YOUR FACE!
I have compiled a few tips & tricks to help you maintain good makeup hygiene because as we know, if your stuff is dirty, you are more prone to pimples and other yucky things on your face!
- Clean your brushes. Yes your brushes do actually need to be cleaned so if you’ve been using the same grimy powder brush that’s been sitting on your bathroom counter for the past 5 years, it’s time you get a new one and some brush cleaner. I like to use the ELF brush cleaner (it’s a spray) and then when I am doing a big clean, I will soak all my brushes in warm water and some shampoo and a dash of antiseptic. After each use try to spot clean your brushes with some rubbing alcohol; it removes bacteria and leaves your brushes fresh and ready to use for the next morning!
- Never share your makeup.I mean, this is something that I myself I am very guilty of :( Whether it’s your best friend who needs a quick coat of gloss before she bumps into the guy who promised he’d call or your mother, sister, aunt grandma and anyone else in-between; sharing isn’t caring when it comes to makeup. Even if you’re blood related keep your makeup to yourself, the lending of a mascara, gloss or lipstick can result in eye infections or a nasty cold sore. Let’s try at least.
- You also need to know when it is the right time to toss out your old makeup. Look out for these signs that it is time to get rid of your rageddy makeup
*The scent changes. Does the product smell sour? Or simply off? It’s time to say good-bye when the preservatives break down. Store products and fragrances away from direct sunlight and excessive heat so they will keep longer.
*It turns yellow—or brown. A color change doesn’t necessarily mean the product is past its prime. But if it contains active ingredients, you should toss it. Antiaging components (including retinol and hydroquinone) can become more potent and irritating over time, whereas acne zappers (such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide) can weaken. Make sure to close bottles tightly after each use to slow oxidation.
*The formula separates. If your product has a top layer of liquid, it probably has lost its efficacy. This happens a lot with foundation and lip gloss!
I hope this inspires you to go through your makeup bag and get rid of products you have been holding onto for a long long time (even if you may not use them)
Hey!! if you have natural hair you may need to straighten it so it blends better with the textures we have in stock. On the other hand, if you have your own extensions that match better with natural hair, you can bring them in and we will create the clip in extensions for you.
Quick tip - when you are washing your face (morning/night) don’t forget to wash your neck and behind your ears! They are one of the most neglected body parts and you can get some pimples/acne there :(Comments